Looking to change up breakfast? Or, to wow friends and family with a delicious brunch dish. This Chorizo Spanish Tortilla is packed with flavor and is sure to impress. Let’s get cooking.
8 oz ground chorizo
2 red or 1 gold potato cubed
1 medium yellow onion diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 small poblano pepper diced
¼ cup heavy cream (milk will do)
2 handfuls of shredded cheese
Salt & pepper
Standard starter (butter, oil, ghee, lard, etc)
Let’s Get to Work
- Cube and boil potatoes for about 20 minutes until tender. When done, drain and put in a big bowl.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put a medium-size saute pan on the stove, medium-high heat. Add your standard starter. Once the pan is hot (don’t start cooking on a cold pan) add the onions, garlic, and poblano. Saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the chorizo to the pan. Break it apart with a spoon and combine with the veggies. Let cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chorizo and veggies to the bowl with the potatoes. Mix everything together adding salt & pepper.
- Crack the eggs in to a mixing bowl and add the cream (or milk). Whisk together.
- Put the chorizo and potato mixture into a 12” oven-safe pan. Pour the egg mixture over it. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over the tortilla and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy.